B.SMART Productions, Inc. and Beech Street Theatre Company will be mounting the world premiere stage production of Mark Terry’s Interview with a Demon at Toronto’s Alumnae Theatre, November 10th to 16th, 2015. We are now auditioning for the show’s cast.
Production Title: Interview with a Demon
Union / Non-Union: Non-Union
Production Type: Independent
Play Run: November 10th to 16th, 2015
Posted On: Monday, July 20th, 2015
Production Location: The Alumnae Theatre, 70 Berkeley St, Toronto, ON
Audition Location: Central Casting, 321 Davenport Road, Top Floor, Studio 1, Toronto
Auditions: Thursday, July 30th, 2015, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM (Please note all auditions will be given a specific time within this window
Requests: Please bring your head shot and resumé to the audition as well as emailing them ahead of time.
Performance Dates and Times:
• Dress and Tech Rehearsal (Que to Que): Monday, November 9, 2015, 6:00 pm
• Preview: Tuesday, November 10th, 2015
• Opening Night: Wednesday, November 11th, 2015
• Run: Thursday, November 12 to Sunday, November 15, 2015 (two performances on Sunday)
• Showtimes: All curtains are at 7:30PM except for the Sunday matinée at 3:00PM
To book your audition, email MARK TERRY at email@example.com Please attach head shot and theatre acting resumé.
CHARACTERS (With Bodies):
Boodle: Female, mid-20s, attractive, television talk show director. Strong and assertive with a take-charge personality.
Bradley Gibb: Male, mid-20s, attractive, television reporter/talk show host who is opportunistic, ambitious and curious.
Pat Lor: Male, mid-30s, average-looking, television cameraman who is not very bright, and rather clumsy.
Father Francis Flanagan: Male, mid-50s, white hair, possibly balding, Church exorcist who is strong and devoted; bordering on fanatical.
CHARACTERS (Without Bodies):
The Demon* / Frank: Male, middle-aged, confident, cocky, real estate salesman who is intelligent; but playful and unpredictable.
Tom: Male, mid-40s, Producer of The Hot Seat who is a seasoned and cynical professional.
The Angel / Angie: Female, middle-aged with a foreign accent who is sweet and loving.
* NOTE: All actors will, at some point, be possessed by The Demon. To ensure consistency of character, all actors should adopt a similar interpretation and voice for The Demon. We recommend channeling Michael’s Keaton’s performance in the film Beetlejuice (1988).